Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Update

Last Spring I was tasked with implementing a spawner for the platforms.
I accomplished that, but then there was a conflict with a rewrite of the platform code
so I was forced to write it over again essentially from scratch. I improved the code
as i re-wrote it in an attempt to make it more "artist friendly" as our team has takled about.
There are more public variables to teak gameplay that are easily accessible.

I also wrote code that fixed a bug in the GUI, but it seems as though other
code written may force me to do another rewrite of this, but that is yet to
be determined.

Sarah and I were also able to during class time implement a basic sunscreen
pickup that makes the player invulnerable to damage for a specified duration.

My task for this week is to somehow dynamically cast a shadow on to alby.
I believe this will be accomplished by shading him darker when he is under
a platform (and therefor in a shadow).

No comments:

Post a Comment