Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Scrum Is Up

After the meeting with the producers last week we laid out a User story and talked about all the elements required to make that a reality. The user story was "User Experiences hiding in the shadow", for this we decided on the obvious things, Sun Light does damage, user has health, user get's hurt in the sun and is safe in the shadow, this involved the making of a few art assets.

The task that I checked out was to investigate and implement changing the texture on the player character as he/she/it is damaged by the sun. I believe I'm fairly close to having this task done. In my research I've also found that it may be possible for us to lay textures over one another or even blend them to cut down on the number that is required to be made, but that may prove to be no more efficient. Part of the problem has been that the artists have to create the assets and so us all working on the same thing is difficult because many of the programming projects are dependent on the assets not yet complete, not that this is anything against the artists. It is just the way it is.

By thursday I hope to have the texture switching correctly, but possibly only with placeholder textures and model. which could hopefully be switched out with minimal effort when the art is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment